Welcome!

Sometimes it's not enough to just deal with your husband or your children... throw some crazy cats in the mix and your day is full!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Gone With The... Sanity!!

I have to admit, I was probably the ONLY woman left on Earth that had not seen Gone With The Wind. Well, last night I watched it for the first time! I wish I could say "OMG I'M SO IN LOVE!!!" but I can't. The movie was okay at best. If you are one of the last ladies left that hasn't seen the movie... do not read anymore unless you want to know ending details. I am not a huge fan of romances that don't end well. Poor Scarlett goes through so much loss in what seems like 5 minutes of movie time, she loses her baby, then her daughter, then her "friend" dies while she's pregnant AND THEN lost the loves of her life; Ashley and Rhett within 2 minutes of each other, I mean really? Aren't these movies supposed to end happy? Why are women so flippin' nuts over this movie???? I can't understand it! I can understand the love of the costumes and the love of the thought of a happy ending but after that... I got nothing! I was left with a big fat "ARE YOU SERIOUS??" It makes me wonder about other old time-y movies that had been raved about actually being big flops! BUT me being me... I will try out some others before I lose hope on these movies. I mean, after all I am a huge fan of The Honeymooners! :)



Film-makers were really sadistic back then!! :( lol

Speaking of movies... I have to say, I am very excited for my adventures tomorrow! My husband and I are taking my daughter Olivia to see her favorite movie in 3D, Beauty and the Beast!!! :) She LOVES Beauty and the Beast! I cannot wait to see her reaction to this movie in 3D and the characters jumping out at her! Right now I am more excited than her I think haha!! :) This is going to be her first experience with the "Big Screen" so, I am very optimistic that this could become a regular thing for us here! I just hope that she doesn't get freaked out by the characters coming out of the screen and want to leave! .... Did I just jinx it? lol I hope not!!


Yay for 3D!!


For all you movie fans out there... I wish you lots of luck in these older "classic" movies! If you happen to stumble across one that doesn't leave you feeling like you've been hit by a mack truck... twice, then please send your suggestions my way! I love movies and I am open to GOOD suggestions. :) I think my next review for an older movie will be Creep Show, hopefully I won't want to blow out my brains after watching. So, be on the lookout for that review!
Love,
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback always appreciated!