Welcome!

Sometimes it's not enough to just deal with your husband or your children... throw some crazy cats in the mix and your day is full!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas is almost here!

I bet your children are counting down the days now huh?

All I hear is "Santa is coming in 3 DAYS!" Which just reminds me that I only have 3 days to get my act together and finish up all the little details that no matter how hard you plan, you just never get done in time. Which ends up with you awake until 3 a.m. trying so desperately to finish so you can at least an hour of sleep before the wake up call.... "SANTA CAME!!!"  

I so love their faces Christmas morning! Their innocent faces with their eyes so wide that they seem like they will ultimately fall right out of their heads... it's really the greatest feeling!

One thing I am looking forward to this year is my cat Peach's reaction to the whole day. This is her 1st Christmas and she makes an adventure of everything! I can already imagine her chasing the wrapping paper as it's ripped and thrown all around... like in one of those movies where the people end up with a lot of money and roll around in it on their beds, she'll do the same. Or she'll just end up helping the kids by unwrapping everything under the tree before they even wake up... because she's a little nutty! Hopefully, I won't be too sleep deprived so that I can capture all of this on my camera!

Before I end this post... I just briefly want to touch on something. The holidays are usually where people spend a lot of money and that's fine but... PLEASE Remember the environment this holiday season. Don't just throw away pieces of wrapping paper that seem too small to wrap a present! Get Creative! Get Festive! Make use of the paper! The more we do for our environment, the more it can do for us!


My little wrapping area!
 


I used 2 scraps to wrap a stocking stuffer! (came out cute huh? :) )


Recycle and Reuse!
 If you have any other ideas for recyling your wrapping paper, please feel free to post or link to me! I would love to hear some of your ideas and possibly put them to good use!

Love,
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback always appreciated!